Episode 87: New Projects, by host, Laura Milkins. Our guest, Kevin Charles, tells the story of his depression and struggles with addiction, and how being smart and a little depressed can lead to seeing the glass half empty. Sunday, April 29, 2018.
24 Creative Ways To Channel Depression Or Anxiety (abbreviated) – Alanna Okun
We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to show us what they’ve created during periods of depression, anxiety, and other mental health struggles.
1. Tend to some plants.
2. Take self-portraits.
3. Turn the old into the new.
4. Get out in the world…
5. …and capture what you find there.
6. Or literally turn it into art.
7. Work with makeup or body paint.
8. Blend your own scented candles.
9. Focus on a new buddy. Rescue Dog?
10. Design your dream house.
11. And your dream outfits.
12. Wrap arrowheads.
13. Bake, bake, bake.
16. Crochet a blanket, for yourself or a beloved pal.
17. Sell what you’ve made.
19. Play with fire.
20. Make your tears work for you. I would make literal tears out of fabric and embroidery
21. Know the value of even the smallest, most temporary projects.
22. Make little monsters.
23. Take up embroidery.
24. Create your life.